12 May 2009

Some Drawings

Alright all, I wanted to share some drawings I did recently. I don't draw all that often, and the results can be mixed, but I rather liked these.





Most of the time my shading's pretty iffy, but this actually came out fairly decent. This teacup was just on the table, it looked nice, and I had pencil and paper. The above ensued.





Yes, that is a lamp and a set-up you'd probably find in an interrogation room. No, they don't have anything to do with each other. I was just bored, alright? Besides, I like it.





This I drew before math this morning. I'm not sure why, but I was thinking of Archi Teuthis, so I drew the squid; then during study hall I wrote the poem, which goes something like this:

Two bright, curious
eyes
Peering out of the
dark
Making sense of
the abyss
Comprehending
chaos
~
Ten long, lean
fingers
Reaching out into
nothing
Feeling the
intangible
Understanding
irregularity
~
One quick, creative
mind
Meandering into
imagination
Letting it wander in
surreal,
disjointed,
linear
brilliance

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! A piece inspired by Archi hehehe awesome.

    Liked the teacup, playing with shadows is always my favorite. Especially when something just strikes my fancy out of the blue like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawl! Architeuthis! Coolio.

    Nice drawings! Hmmm... I should get back to some of that =DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you gotten the doodling bug too???? have you been reading my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I miss drawing. I used to draw quite a bit in high school. You are multi-talented, it seems! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love