02 March 2008

To Start Off...

Who knew it could be so hard to introduce yourself to the world? (especially if you're a pretty modest person to begin with?) Hm... I guess I'll start out simply.

I'm a pianist, a writer, a self-proclaimed nerd, and self-proclaimed lunatic. I love music of all kinds (nearly), I adore English, reading, writing, and such, and I love to hang out with my family and friends.

Some of my less-than-orthodox hobbies are knitting, listening to NPR, and organizing random things.

If I seem relatively normal, here's some proof that I'm not: our family got an upright piano about 10 years ago. But, I started getting so good with the piano, I starting breaking parts in it. Relatively normal, you say? Here's where it gets a little odd. Last summer, some of our friends said that they were downsizing and had a piano. So, we went to look at it, and we thought it was a mistake: it was a 9 foot Steinway concert grand piano! We wouldn't be able to afford something like that! But, the great friends that they are, they sold it to us to such a low price, they practically gave it to us! Then we had to find a place to put it... which isn't all that easy if you live in a house so small that people walk around the "long way" to the kitchen just for kicks.
The room where we had the most space was the dining room. So, the brilliant people we are, we moved the dining room table out into the living room (which is now a kind of combo of the two rooms now), and as I type, there is a 9ft concert grand piano on the verge of turning 120.

I also love old-time radio. The highlight of my weekend (usually) is when I get the chance to hang out in my room with a shower radio, tune into our local NPR station and listen to A Prairie Home Companion on Saturday nights. I usually catch a program of all old-time shows afterwards. If not on Saturday, I usually catch APHC and Selected Shorts on Sunday. It gives me hope that most entertainment has the potential to actually be entertaining.

I'll be posting some of my writing stuff occasionally, and more about myself, along with my random thoughts on almost anything I think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love