01 March 2009

Dos Canciones Favoritas (y una más)

(Translation: Two Favorite Songs {and one more})
Inspired by OrangeOreos's initiative, I've decided to put up two of my favorite Spanish songs. I don't plan on making this a "regular" thing, but I'll post favorite songs/videos sporadically.

The first is a more recent discovery: Caraluna, by Bacilos. The class's interpretation of the song was that the "narrator" is talking about his lost love, but I disagree. I think he's looking for love, he just hasn't found it yet. It fits the more hopeful beat of the song.



Catchy, no?

The second is the first song we ever learned in a Spanish class, and it still sticks out as a high favorite. It's just so happy and bouncy!


I must take this opportunity to say this: this song came on at homecoming a few months back, and because everybody who's taken Spanish 2 (a majority of the school population) and/or people who know Spanish-2-goers knows this song, we were all singing/screaming along to this song. It was absolutely frickin' awesome.

Now, this last one. As a Spanish student I find this absolutely hysterical. For anybody who's not a Spanish speaker, this guy's basically trying to impress this girl (the one with the "what am I doing here with this loser?" expression) with basic phrases like, "¿qué hora es?" (what time is it), "mi gato es muy blanco" (my cat is very white), and the like.
Take note to what he whispers into her ear at the very end...


...that, right there, is just great.
If anybody's curious, there's a second semester Spanish love song as well. Spanish Mike (as the singing dude is called) has learned conjugations, and he brought along a friend.

Paz, amor, y chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. The colorful toaster in Colores, Colores around 3:30 is sweet! I want one in my kitchen! :P

    I love listening to songs in foreign languages. Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't visited in a while.. oops! Great videos! They made me laugh or smile.. well the last two..

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love