19 July 2009

SoP 23: "Big Ol' World" and Appreciation

Big Ol' World
Dusty Pas'cal

(picture quality's not that great, and my favorite version's on his CD "Home," but the video's at least got the song. That's all that matters, folks)
-----
I'm so far away from heaven I feel burning on my shoes,
An itchin for the heavenly land
Then I get to thinking, "but there's still so much to do"
"should go out'n get it while I can"


But it's like that xkcd,
The one with nature's splendor,
We're all so wired, don't you see,
We don't always 'preciate time tender.

And when I think of wires, I get all worried so,
The wires may us just one day bury
So let's just count to ten a time or two or mo'
And while we can see all that we can see.
- - - - -
(inspired by a Eloosive-spawned prompt a while back)
A singer-songwriter, xkcd, impending technological singularity/apocalypse, and philisophical wonderings, all in one poem? It can be done, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful message. I have to slap myself once in a while and remind myself to slow down and appreciate the simplicity around me. I haven't done that in a while. Thanks for the slap. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love