24 July 2009

SoP 25-27: The Judge, Fiction, Lines

The Judge she comes in, how regal is she!
Against the blue lake & the sky, how she gleams!
She cuts 'cross water just like the knife
With her white and wood paneling, what a sight!
- - - - -
Some say they fall for characters,
The ones found 'tween the pages.
That's fine for them, but's not for me
I've thought this for 'vral ages

But friends! Aha! I wish I could
Meet some i find in books!
But one fair recent 'scovery
S'stronger than most, take a look:

Fairly calm, a right bright bloke
Often very witty
Rather 'venturesome he is,
Danger's regular-itty.

Hitching rides across the stars,
He and his bathrobed friend
T'the edge of the galaxy and back
And, indeed, universe's end.

I kind of wish I could jump in
And meet this guy, it's true,
And just hang out for a tiny spell
And 'scuss 'tell'gent shades of blue.
- - - - -
A line is a line,
Except when it isn't.
But when would that be?
We'll see

Lines can connect places
Link A with point B
Don't have to be straight,
As long a they meet.

But where do fit treelines?
Where's "A"? What's "B"?
And do they extend?
Where do they meet?

Streets, they are lines,
But where do they go?
Just 'round and 'round
Or they just stop.

A line is a line,
Except when it isn't
But when would that be?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Never.
-----
Three poems in one shot. Hey, I have to catch up somehow, right?

Points for naming and/or finding the character's name in the second
poem (it's in there somewhere, I assure you).^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love