02 August 2009

SoP 40: "Geek in the Pink", "Life is Wonderful" and Gratitude Café

Geek in the Pink
Jason Mraz




Life is Wonderful
Jason Mraz



- - - - -
I amble down the downtown street,
amid the crowd and noise,
Oh man, the stress, it's mounting here!
But then, a poster's voice:

Come down to Gratitude Café
for a pot of tea or joe
and 'preciate the life we have,
let time go real real slow

So I meandered down the street
to Gratitude Café
I was doubtful, with my tea,
But one sip, I must say
It warmed my soul and eased my mind,
The tea and a comfortable thought.
It took a while to dawn on me
But when it came, I 'nected dots:

I'm blessed with life and with this world,
Thanks for the daytime light;
I must give thanks for the sun and moon,
Obliged for darkened night.

The birds, the trees, the cityscape,
For peace and quiet, too.
But y'can't have those without others
Like din and noise, know you.

I finished the tea, stood myself up,
Sighed, smiled, and said:
"I'm ready now to face you world,
Thanks to Gratitude Café."

- - - - -

- - - - -
Yay for Jason Mraz concert! Bigger yay for catching up! Woo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love