06 August 2009

SoP 43: "Kerouac Tribute" and My Vengeful PC

It's not a poem, exactly, but the way this was read made it sound insanely poetic. Take a listen and you'll see what I mean:


- - - - -

My comp is out to get me
I swear it really is.
The internet's the worst-est part
Here's the low-down biz:

It's spastic and sputters,
it's making ficly fail!
And I can't rant to anyone,
'cause twitter's in the pail!

Blocking me off from the rest of the world,
you think you can do that, comp?
I swear, I'll count 'till I'm blue;
I'm onto you, now stop!

- - - - -

The counting thing is originally from Hitchhiker's. I'm convinced it could be a way to temporarily stave off singularity and the A.I. takeover:


[Ford] started to count to ten. He was desperately worried that one day sentient
life forms would forget how to do this. Only by counting could humans
demonstrate their independence of computers.


Why yes, my internet is being more of a failure than usual, why do you ask?


(Note: twitter did come back up, and it's not just my comp that's failing with ficly)

1 comment:

  1. Digging the new layout, by the by. I seem to have forgotten to mention that before now.

    Really liked the pacing and rhythm of your poem and the picture is awesome :)

    I'll have to give your link a listen when time allows.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love