17 February 2009

Curiosity Augmented to Point of Impressive Discovery

It's kind of odd, going out of one's comfort range. But sometimes it can be rather rewarding.

Last night, whilst I was out and about, I decided to go see the movie Coraline with a relative. Now, I'm not usually a fan of "weird" movies, but I was curious. I'd heard from several people that this was a good movie, but most prominently from my good friend OrangeOreos. Besides his blog post on Coraline, we'd discussed it a few times. He suggested I look into it.

I must admit, I was extremely impressed. More than a couple parts were "odd," border-lining "creepy," but I think that was the charm of it. But if there were only two things that were good about it (there were more, but for the sake of conversation), it would be the visuals and the music. Music always adds an emotional layer to any performance of any kind, and this movie's soundtrack really enhanced the action. And the visuals, in 3-D I might add, were absolutely astounding. There was charm in the twitchiness of the stop-motion, and the level and amount of 3D used was absolutely perfect. It wasn't overdone, but it wasn't underdone either; just enough and subtle enough to go for a lifelike quality.

Perhaps I should yield to my boundless curiosity more often.

That, and maybe I should go to the library today to check out original book...

1 comment:

  1. Who did you end up going with, anyways?
    I'm glad ya liked it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love