12 February 2009

Half-Asleep Greetings from the (Very, Very Sleepy) Music-and-History Monk

Alright, due to a hugely immense, insanely ginormous history project, I've pretty much had time for eating, sleeping, homework, two hours of practice (if I'm lucky), and The Project. So I've been living like a monk, essentially.

The Brother of the Piano and the Brother of History have been keeping me on a stringent schedule: waking up around 5 or 5:30 am, working until school, then practicing (if I can manage it, this week's been absolutely brutal to be honest) or working on other homework. And then I must toil away at the mountain of a history project, armed only with my strength, wit, and what feels like an applique needle.

Which isn't all that big, folks.

According to my initial calculations, most of the rock that made up the mountain were comprised of quartz.

Quartz is a pretty tough rock, my friends.

It ain't easy to pick away at that with a sewing needle.

But, now I am finally on the home stretch. I hand in the project tomorrow, once I finish it, of course, and it will finally be out of my hair!

-cue Hallelujah Chorus-

But for now, I must depart, for the monastery bedtime-bell is tolling, and the Book of Foner is gnawing at my ankle. I shall hold my tongue from crying out to the book: "Give Me Liberty!"

-pulls up hood, picks up Book of Foner-


"pie Jesu Domine..."

-THUNK-
"...dona eis requiem..."

-THUNK-

1 comment:

  1. XD Monty Python!
    Geez, you wrote this way past 970, didn't you?? o.o
    Well, I hope your project turns out totally kick-butt, because you've put an amazing amount of work into it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love