13 April 2009

NPM 1 (or, You Asked For It)

I'm not a poet by nature
Short as it is, it be a bizarre creature
When I try to write't
I'm afraid it'll bite
For sappiness's my poetry's main feature.

Now, I like to read poetry
But I cannot write it.
Not very well, anyway.
It always turns out being much sappier
Than suits my tastes.
It's mediocre, you know?

I mentioned this in a comment
On a recent Daily Writing Practice.
The response prodded my inner imp
To take it as a challenge.

April be National Poetry Month
So here's what I'll do:
If I can manage it, I'll do a poem
Every day in April,
Armed with a thesaurus and
A rhyming dictionary.
I'll try to change up styles,
So I don't bore you all to death.

But I feel I must warn you:
If you have averse reactions
To severe sappiness
Or intense inferiority,
I would avoid this blog
Until the end of April.

And if you find you develop
Aforementioned reactions,
Direct all blame to Eloosive,
Because, really 'Loo, you
Kind of
Sort of
Asked for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah, I love it!

    And truly, Rhymezone shall become your best friend. Or, at the very least, that guy who's kind of annoying but you put up with because you know that deep down, way way down, he's a really nice guy.

    I should get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love