22 April 2009

NPM 11: Window Bench

I sit and watch the world go by
From my window seat
A quiet corner of my room
It's really quite the treat.

The house's shadow's out in front
Bright early in the morn.
I sit and read, rest on the sill
Without the sun for scorn.

Sun comes 'round my side of house
Before he heads on down.
And through the trees, it's quite lovely
To see the sunset 'roun'.

My window bench's a right nice spot
To read, to sit, to chill.
With window open, the nice cool air
Sweeps o'er me and sill.

I sit and watch the world go by
From my window bench
It lets me perch above the world
And 'lows my mind't unclench.

Window Seat project 8

1 comment:

  1. What light by yonder window breaks?
    It is the East, and she is the sun.
    Arise, fair sun, arise and sing.
    Such beauty from beauty flows,
    As the golden rays sent from the sun,
    Though they be a merest part
    Of that splendorous sphere!
    What songs let fly her golden lips
    Are beams of warmest daylight.
    It is my lady, O, it is my love!
    O, that she knew she were!
    To sit and watch the world go by
    In the golden swirls of her brown eyes.

    - Your Secret Admirer

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love