27 April 2009

NPM 17: The Man Who Sat on the Bench Everyday

An man used to sit on a bench everyday
Not much to look at, had not much to say
'cept smile and send out a cheerful "good day,"
The man who sat on the bench everyday.

I remember I'd pass him 'bout every day,
That man who sat on the bench everyday,
And when it was nice, he'd call out to say,
"sure is a wonderful, beautiful day."
And I'd smile and nod, and go on my way,
Venturing through a difficult day.
But my spirits stayed up, and I have to say,
It's pro'lly because he Went out of his way
To try an make somebody's day
A little more bearable in some litle way.

I'd stop to say hi out on my own way
To the man who sat on the bench everyday.
But I noticed that nobody else ever stayed.
They must've been too busy with life to pay
Any mind to the man on the bench everyday.

I learned a great deal when I'd stop on my way
To talk to the man on the bench everyday.
I learned to appreciate all He has made
To love it and care for it in some way.

Then sadly he told me that he could not stay,
The man who sat on the bench everyday.
Gently he smiled and bid me good day,
And onto the bus he went on his way.

I often look out for him during the day,
The man who sat on the bench everyday,
But I realized that now he really did stay.
He's out and around, everywhere, everyday
Out on a park bench, just waiting to say
A friendly and kindly and hearty good day
To you as you go around on your way

So make sure that you try to repay
The kindness he tried to give out each day
And give to your fellows good day,
Like the man who sat on the bench everyday.


Park Bench
----
Note: I typed this up quick on an iTouch, and I didn't have time to fix grammar/spelling issues... and I still don't at the moment... typo-fixage will come at a later point.

1 comment:

  1. That was the awesome. For seriously.

    Isn't it neat how things can improve with practice?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love