30 April 2009

NPM the Last: The Concession

Eighteen Days ago I slighted my verse "skill"
And 'Loosive would not let it drop.
Impishly I 'gested that I write poems't kill
Expecting it to utterly go "flop."

Seeing as he prodded me into this "mess"
I thought it's only fair to say to Marc:
Now, I'm not one to most easily confess
To my own faults, but this has been a lark.

Thank you, 'Loo, for spurring me along to try
My hand at verse, to work upon my form,
Most importantly, for showing me that I
Don't stink at poetry, safe from my scorn.

I'm not aiming for those form points here
Just felt I had to write this way right now,
Had to say that 'Loo was right on this point here
And I was wrong (here's where you take a bow).

At this point, Marc, you are free to say that you
Had told me so, because you did do so.
I would not improve lest there was a poem'r two
I see now practice helped this poet's woe.

Here we have an odd sort poem from odd chiqueet
One you'll pro'lly never really get to meet.
One more couplet before this poem is through
And one more time I must say thanks to 'Loo.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome. I'm just glad you took it as a challenge and did so very, very well with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love